Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday, February 16, 2010: The First Step


My name is Mark Silverstein and I look for the silver lining inside every cloud. My journey began on this date many years ago in a simpler time in a simpler place. I have always wanted to be a writer. Actually, I just love to tell stories. One of my favorite cliches is, "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story." When my parents found reason to be disappointed with something I may have done, such as failing to clean my room, finish my homework, or listening to them instead of the guy on the television I was always ready with a story. It was my way of looking for the silver lining in the clouds that were forming around me. While I may not have fine tuned the skill to the degree of lesser known writers, such as Sam Clemens or Gary Keillor, I have been known to calibrate my language to paint an image of a loose lipped left leaning yankee acceptable to a pulpit preaching proselytizing evangelist. So, come join me on this journey. We'll look back, forward and side to side. But, I promise to guide you in your quest for those silver linings in every cloud, because I plan to be here every step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Well mark I am afew days late but happy birthday.
    Now, as far as silver linings go that picture has to be platinum. I know its Debbie's favorite but lets face, it you no longer look like that anywhere but in you dreams and since that's where most stores start....
    On a more practical note finish your BIO page. That was the first place I looked. Start with a good professional picture. I know you have some and if you'd like I'll give you my opinion although I'm sure you can get plenty of good ones.

    ReplyDelete